1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

custom notification bar icons?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snake X, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jremy23

jremy23 Newbie

The phone needs needs to be rooted and a custom rom like cyanogenmod needs to be installed in order to change the notification bar.

We can't get custom roms until we get a working custom recovery.

Just be patient. The devs working on this should have a working custom recovery in a few weeks.

3. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

ah.. yeah. I wasn't quite sure if it required a custom rom or what.

edit: speaking of roms.. am I able to use rom manager (free version) to be able to back up my rom when I first turn on my phone so that if anything screws up I can reinstall it back to its original state even if i root?

edit 2:

n00b question: what is a custom recovery?

4. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

A custom recovery allows you to back up, restore from back up, and install roms. It has to be built for each device for it to work correctly.
    Rom manager will most likely not work correctly at this time. It uses ClockworkMOD to create the backups. As of right now, no one has a stable CWM on the warp yet.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY ROMS OR RECOVERY FROM THIS.

5. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

you dont need a custom recovery to change the notification icons nor do you need a custom rom unless you theme. you will however need a paid app called "Rom Toolbox" you can make all the icon changes you need from inside the app..... i did it on my phone without any issues. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR FRAMEWORK_RES.APK when the app tells you to.

As for the icon pack you cannot use it without the custom recovery and rom. but rom toolbox has a ton of icons to choose from im sure you will find some to suit your tastes

6. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

Are there any htc notification icons available?

7. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Got no idea... I know there are honeycomb icons and 4g icons. I don't get into the whole HTC themes

8. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

would titanium backup be considered as a custom recovery or not? Also is the thread http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/455592-testers-wanted.html a thread about making a custom recovery?

Also I would backup my framework_res.apk using titanium backup, right?

edit: sorry for being a noob at all this stuff.. This is my real first android phone actually (last one being the prevail and i returned it in 3 days flat).

9. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

Titanium will just back up your apps nothing else. A custom recovery backs up everything.
    Yes, the "tested-wanted" thread is the custom recovery that is being worked on. It is almost finished. Once it is finished, we will be able to make a complete backup of the phone.

I still have my prevail. They have some great developers over there that made the phone so much better.

10. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

heh.. I did like my prevail at first.. Though the screen was rather small. After I started installing apps it got full. however and moved *everything* to the sd card and it was *still* "full"... that was making me kinda ticked. After I started noticing angry birds lagg.. that made me well.. angry.

Also it didn't have the official flash and I tried to use that armv6 flash hack that didnt even work for what I wanted it to, so after all that I was just like forget this lol

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews