1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Custom Notification Causing Boot Loops

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hibrad2005, Apr 30, 2010.

1. hibrad2005

hibrad2005 New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Hey All, I have tried this on 4 Different Roms (Smoked Glass 4, 5, 6 and Nextheme 0.9) And no matter what I do, if I use a custom sound for notifications, the phone upon restart will boot loop indefinitely, and the only way I can make it stop is to VERY quickly slide the mute left so the phone is muted the next time it boots, then it stops, or if I cant get that to work, I have to restore from a nandroid backup. I have the files on my sd card in /media/audio/notifications All lower case (but have tried with a cap) The only things that hasnt changed, is that I have only tried mp3 files. But I also tried, by using the Zedge Ringtones App to the same effect. Whats the deal? Any Ideas?:thinking:
    Currently running Nextheme 0.9 ESE81 R3
    BaseBand C_01.3E.01P
    Please Help :)
    Edit: Also worth note as it may help, its only notifications that causes this issue, custom ringtones and alarms are fine. Even using the same short (8 second) Mp3 as a ringtone causes no issue. And the mp3 plays in the list of notifications when you select it, as it should. The only thing i can think of is possibly that the phones mp3 decoder loads after the boot up sound? Is that even logical?

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I had this happen with my stock Droid and a custom notification. The odd thing is that it stopped when I switched it to the stock "Droid" notification and then back to my custom notification...

3. hibrad2005

hibrad2005 New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Thanks, Tried that and it didn't help :(. I even used RSD Lite and wiped ALL the way back to a stock Verizon image, and lost all my apps, etc. And its still doing it, I wish I knew why its doing that. I have had a friend try the file on his droid, it worked fine.