• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom Notifications solved...kinda?

socobandit

Aug 23, 2010
SE PA
Ok, here's what i found worked on my phone to get a custom notification for voicemail, and still have the text notifications, email, etc., all use your selected sounds. I used free mp3 wma ogg converter to convert my mp3's to ogg files, put them back onto my sd crd, then used root explorer to put them into system/media/audio/notifications. Once I selected the custom ogg file as my standard notification, all my other notifications work exactly as they should.

Now, here's my issue...I'm running velocity 1.1, and my phone has no issue with this procedure. My wife's is stock, 2.2.1, rooted, and this won't work on her phone. It flashes really quickly that it's copying, but doesnt show up, even after reboot. If i use move, the file disappears from where it was, but still doesn't show up in the /system/media/audio/notifications.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones