1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Custom phone labels showing as "Custom" when sending text.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tvanharp, Aug 15, 2012.

1. tvanharp

tvanharp New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I have contacts that have more phone numbers than available labels such as people who have 2 work numbers, a mobile and an office. They may also have a personal mobile etc... so to sort it all out I've created custom labels such "Work Mobil", "Personal Mobile", etc...

Now I want to send a text to their "Work Mobile" number. I type their name in the To box of the the Android supplied texting app, and their numbers come up as:
    Fred Jones
    Custom - 555-1234
    Custom - 555-6789

WTF? You have got to be kidding me, really?
    I'm beside myself thinking Android....thought Google had something to do with Android, but I know Google is not this stupid. Is this because it says "Verizon" on it, that I could accept since Verizon sucks and I realize that.

Is there a way to correct this? Get an iPhone maybe well got over a year on the contract so not an option, YET. any thoughts would be great.

Advertisement

2. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    There are a couple of different ways, if you have a set of favorites you can set up direct to text shortcuts on your home screen or you could download a third party contacts app that you could customize more or set up widgets.