1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Custom Removable Backs for SGS4?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrZach21, Jul 9, 2013.

1. DrZach21

DrZach21 Lurker

Is it possible to purchase removable backs for my Samsung Galaxy online? If so, what sites would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Moved to S4 for better responses and flow of info.:)

3. DrZach21

DrZach21 Lurker

I did, thanks.

4. Whtchdr

Whtchdr Lurker

There are a ton of them available on Ebay. You can find carbon fiber, metal, and plastic replacements. I haven't seen any sites selling anything other than OEM replacements however.

5. EzGoingKev

EzGoingKev Member

Is there anyone selling one that is just like the stock piece but has some texture to it (like the S2)?

6. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Yes. Check eBay and Amazon. Lots of choices

7. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

Has anyone seen any carbon fibre replacement backs?

There are lots on eBay that claim to be carbon fibre, but even a cursory glance at the photographs makes it clear that this is just a slightly carbon weave pattern imprinted on plastic or PU leather, not actually carbon fibre at all.

8. bls

bls Well-Known Member

I think a metal back with good texture would add some much needed heft to the phone. Too light by itself so I've been using a Spigen Neo Hybrid case.

But I worry that putting a third-party metal backing on the phone might interfere with the antennae since the phone wasn't designed to get an ideal signal while accounting for a metal case.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews