• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Custom Ringtone Issue and Calendar View

NOOBY

May 22, 2010
So I've had this phone for about a month and a half now. On the whole, I'm still mostly pleased with it. It seems to handle most things that I need to do quite well.

I am, however, experiencing two issues. The first is a glitch, the second is a feature.

First, I had recently noticed that the custom ringtones that I set for contacts will only work about half of the time. The other half of the time the default ringtone will sound instead. Each time this has happened I've gone back to the contact in question and verified that the custom tone is still assigned. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Second is the calendar view. I came from an OG Droid. In the stock calendar app in month view, each day would have a bar on the right hand side. That bar would correspond to the hours of the day that something was scheduled. On the Strat, any day that has something on it just shows a little triangle in the bottom corner. This is problematic for me because I work midnights and my shifts go from one day to the next. This means that even on a day where I get off in the morning but don't have to work that night, the day still shows as busy.

The overnight issue confuses the phone further when I click on the day. Again on a day where I get off in the morning and don't work that night, the phone will still show working at 730pm if I click on day view. This is extremely frustrating and has made the calendar very difficult to use.

Does anyone know of a way to get the Strat to display the calendar like the OG Droid, either by way of a setting change or a third party app?

Thanks!!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones