1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Custom Ringtone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djsat03, Nov 12, 2009.

1. djsat03

djsat03 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I am trying to make custom ringtones and in my SD Card i made an folder called ringtones . Then i placed all of my ringtones i want in that folder. I put around 30 ringtones in that folder and only 7 showed up in the phone. Am i doing something wrong here?

Also lets say i want to replace one of the 7, i can only do this by deleting one of the 7 i had and rename the new one with same name that was there before(that i want to delete).

All of the songs i have in folder around same bit rate: 96kbps and stereo. Around 28-32 seconds and all of them are mp3s.

If somebody can help me with this it would be helpful. Thanks

Advertisement

2. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Secret
    US
    I can tell you what worked for me. I synced my music and ringtones with DoubleTwist. I then went to the music app and played the music/song I wanted as my ringtone and it was as simple as that. I am sure there is a better way, but for me this works and I am able to select any song I want and make it my ringtone (including the ringtones from my iPhone before I sold it).

3. kyleslat

kyleslat Member

Nov 7, 2009
    You can make ringtones directly on your phone, if you'd like, by using an app called "RingDroid" -- you can download it from the market, and it will take full length songs and chop them down to ringtone size.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    Well with my G1 I had to do it like this, make some folders in this order: media>audio>ringtones and put them in the ringtones folder, then they will show up in the list.

5. djsat03

djsat03 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    i download the app called "RingDroid" and Rings Extended. And i tired DoubleTwist to sync all of the ringtones and music. Also tired put the ringstones like this media>audio>ringtones. No luck, nothing show up on the phone.

Edited --- My ring tones problems is finally fixed lol, all i had to do was format the sd card and just put it in folder media > audio > ring tones again and it worked.

I also don't' want to create another thread for this. Its about the Car Home application for navigation. When i click on Navigation from the menu or View map its crash's every time and wants me to force close it. I restarted the phone couple of times and same thing. And it does same with some games. Anybody know whats up with that?

Edited --- Just want to let you guys know i was able to fix this issue by doing an hard reset going into settings and privacy and then factory data reset. I had to re-active my phone when i did that after it was done. Luckily i didn't loose nothing, gmail account saved my contacts and it even restored the applications i had before, including the wallpaper. Only thing that was not return to way i had was the way i had my icons on screen.

6. erinrpatrick

erinrpatrick Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I downloaded hero but i cant get the ringtones any longer than 15 secs is there a trick to this please help

7. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Secret
    US

If you want to make a song your ring tone the Droid will make any song you ring tone (without any other app). Just play the song and select"Make a ring tone"