• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Custom ringtones not available

wonder95

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
I have some mp3s that I have used for ringtones on past phones (KRazr, Blackberry), and from what I've found, to add them to my Droid 2, I put them in the media/audio/ringtones folder on my SD card. I've done that, but they don't show up in my list. I've also tried restarting the phone (aks the Microsoft approach), but they're still not available. Is there somewhere else I'm supposed to put the files?

Thanks.

You should put them in the my_music folder on the sd card. Once you have the ringtone file on your phone, go to the music app, find the ringtone, long press on it, and select 'use as phone ringtone'
I cant remember if the phone automatically created the my_music folder if I did it myself based on my old phone's setup. You want the ringtone file to be in with the rest of your music though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones