1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Custom ringtones

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by renne2001, Nov 27, 2009.

1. renne2001

renne2001 New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    I have made some custom mp3 ringtones, but I need some advice on how to get them onto my Samsung Moment. Thanks.

Renne

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hi renne2001 and Welcome to the Forums! :D

To get music on your Handset :

Plug in your phone via USB to a PC -> Drag down the White notification box on your phone -> Select Mount card and confirm -> Go to My computer on your PC -> Select removable Drive -> You should now see the Contents of your Card -> Create a new folder called "Music" -> Drop any music into the Folder -> It should now appear in your Music player when you un-mount the card

Now to use your MP3's as a ringtone :

Download "Rings extended" free off the Android Market -> Once installed {you will NOT see any type of Icon in the Menu} -> Simply go to change your Ringtone as Normal -> When Prompted simply select "Rings Extended" -> You may now select your MP3's as a Ringtone

Don't worry , It's actually much shorter than it looks and very easy :)

Carl

3. popeye304

popeye304 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I had downloaded ringtones from Verizon, I actually had thought they were Ringback tones. So anyway, as you may know, I'm a former iPhone user. I have been used to the iTunes APP to bring onto my phone those ringtones that I bought or made.

I followed Carl C's directions, sounded easy enough. When it got to the point for me to select a ringtone; the Android System is those default ringtones. I could now select Music or Select music track/ Selecting eith of these options resulted in a brief "Loading" graphic then, nothing.

Any ideas?

4. kurpaige

kurpaige Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Male
    o here's the dirt on making custom ringtones.

Plug your Android phone into the USB cable, mount it, and then create the following top level folders:

/notifications
    /ringtones
    /alarms

once in these folders, it then shows up in the list so you can select them

5. popeye304

popeye304 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Why wouldn't Motorola and/or Verizon already create these folders? I had to create the Music folder as well. :thinking:

Now that I have made these folders, I am unable to select Phone ringtone. It's no longer enabled?

6. popeye304

popeye304 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I shut the phone down and turned it back on... I hate this crap.

7. Xritam

Xritam Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Or you could use ringdroid with the mp3's on your phone.