• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs custom rom for android tv box car pc project

adzmr2

Lurker
Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys and gals

Im new to the forum and have no programming experience at all, but have one of these android tv boxes http://androidforums.com/google-tv/...x-usb-rooted-firmware-manual.html#post4191973, im looking at using it as a car pc, i currently have a pc in the car running windows 7 which works fine but the tv box is much smaller. Now the problem i have is that since its a tv box it doesnt have any drivers for gps, bluetooth and touchscreens built in. Theres a link to a rom in the thread ive posted above to the firmware update is there anyway someone could add the drivers needed? The drivers needed are available for linux so i dont know if they would work or could be adapted for android?

EETI eGalax Touch
USGlobalsat Corporate
and a bluetooth driver of some form.

Any help would be great on this

Adz

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones