1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Custom rom installation going awry

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gom3r89, May 24, 2011.

1. gom3r89

gom3r89 Lurker

So I rooted my phone tonight and am trying to install a custom rom. I've done everything that has to be done in the correct order and finally got to the screen on rom manager to select my rom on the sd then had to select the two options to wipe data and copy all my stuff so it continued to copy everything then it finished, installed the new rom and rebooted. It rebooted about an hour and a half ago and is still on the opening screen "htc evo 4g" and has been. idk if i should just keep waiting or take the battery out and turn it back on or what? Its gettin frusterating so if anyone can please help me out and let me know what to do itd be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah do the battery pull. i would not use rom manager. i would do everything manually in recovery. rom manager tends to be buggy. to get to recovery power off then press and hold vol down+power. select recovery.
    this is the steps on how to flash a rom
    1. always make a nandroid backup whenever you are making changes to your phone.
    2.download and transfer your rom of your choice to the sd card
    3.wipe system, dalvik cache, and cache
    4.select flash .zip from sd card
    5. first boot should take longer as it has to build dalvik cache
    enjoy your new rom.

one thing though is i would recommend that you switch recoveries or downgrade your recovery. you currently have clockwork mod 3.0.0.5 which uses a script called edify. most roms and such uses amend. there are two recoveries that can use both and they are clockwork mod 2.6 and amon ra 2.3(highly recommended). you can get them in ref#1 of my sig. if you need help switching recoveries let us know.

gom3r89 likes this.
  3. gom3r89

gom3r89 Lurker

when the apply update part came up, i selected apply update but it said installation aborted. Im assumming thats cauz i dont it on the my sd card. Do i need it on there or is that something else? so should i reboot my phone now or what? i wiped all the caches and everything you said to

4. ocnbrze

what are you doing exactly? are you switching recoveries or trying to flash a rom?

5. gom3r89

gom3r89 Lurker

6. gom3r89

gom3r89 Lurker

I figured it out. Thanks for your help!

7. ocnbrze

well if you trying to flash a rom, it should not be asking you to update. do you have a PC36IMG.zip file on your sd card? the rom needs to be on your sd card. which rom did you choose?

edit: oops glad you figured that out.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews