• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom ROM & Kernel files

M3thodBombz

Nov 30, 2011
So. CA
I was browsing in my esFile manger and i noticed the zip files for my rom and kernel i flashed over to my sd card. My question is:

Can i delete those files cause theyre taking up a lot of space on my sd card or do i HAVE to have them there for proper system functioning?

I appreciate any answers you provide

You can delete the zips if want, it's not going to affect the ROM/kernel. Personally I keep the ROM I'm currently running on my sd just in case I screw something up while hacking at system files. I have a 16gig card so having a ROM on my card doesn't really take up too much room but like I said, deleting it isn't going to hurt anything.

Reactions: M3thodBombz
Upvote 0
You can delete the zips if want, it's not going to affect the ROM/kernel. Personally I keep the ROM I'm currently running on my sd just in case I screw something up while hacking at system files. I have a 16gig card so having a ROM on my card doesn't really take up too much room but like I said, deleting it isn't going to hurt anything.

16gig? I'm jealous :p

Yeah I only have a 2gig so i need all the space i can get. I have a nandroid so I should be good there. Upgrading to a bigger card is in my ball park pretty soon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones