• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Custom ROM]-Tagged

If I remap the search button to switch between CPU governors button, what should they be?

• Powersave & SmartassV2

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Powersave & Performance

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powersave & Ondemand

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cycle through all of the governors, we'll stop when we get to the one we want.

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
I'm using tts in tagged 1.0.5(full) just fine.

I'm using both "PicoTTS" and "Loquendo TTS Susan", which both work.

I really don't remember if it was working or not when I installed the ROM though since any time I install a ROM, I always start changing things immediately.

Which version of Tagged are you using, mop10000?

Upvote 0
I'm using tts in tagged 1.0.5(full) just fine.

I'm using both "PicoTTS" and "Loquendo TTS Susan", which both work.

I really don't remember if it was working or not when I installed the ROM though since any time I install a ROM, I always start changing things immediately.

Which version of Tagged are you using, mop10000?

I love Loquendo. I'll edit my earlier post to reflect this, but I was talking about his Slim version. The full version does have TTS support indeed.

Upvote 0
Yes, this happens because the theme chooser doesn't fully reboot the phone. If the app switches out the themes and then tells the phone to reboot, then the OS has time to see that something was messed with and it freezes the phone. So rather than having the theme chooser reboot the phone, it just runs the command "su -c pkill system_server", which kinda reboots it, but not the whole way. pfkill takes less time to go through than an actual reboot, so the OS doesn't have any time to freeze the phone.

The quickmemo still works because it isn't ever shut off, just "refreshed", if you will.

OMG I have been freaking out over this because I use it often. I CAN confirm that it does work after the camera app has ran. Is there another way around this? I don't want to have to open the stock camera app. I know I'm lazy

Upvote 0
Im using tagged now for about a month. it is clean , however my main issue is my battery it dies fast. i have advanced task killer set to autokill at screen off . only the main things usually run + notification toggle < which i feel is almost a necessity, I miss cyangenmod for that. maybe its notification toggle? CPU set to 122-1024 with smartass2 and or ondemand. since i set it down or to ondemand it lags for a split second here or there.

internal storage 247/643 free
Running...
Media 2.5mb
android core apps 13mb
settings 8mb
cpu master free 1.8mb
advanced task killer free 10mb
com.android.qualcomm 1.8mb
google services 8.8mb
Notification toggle 3.3mb
Android keyboard 16mb

Ram 129 used ; 141 free
losing 1% every 20 min or so on standby.

I tried the older version of Aegir > im going to try this new version it seemed fast and efficient the 4 days i used it but kinda messy.. and the main font roboto .. not a fan.

Wishlist from both : notification toggle in status bar built into framework with ability of longpress on the icon to enter settings.

a power control widget you can actually edit/change the switches.

a little more settings in the area of lockscreen display (battery %) missing > too hard to see % on tagged status bar. not sure if there is an option and where it would be ...
a little more settings in the area of display > trashcan on bottom (shrink screen) ?

Honestly if you guys could incorporate a lot of this into the framework your OS's would be just as good as CyanogenMods and we would have something new to pine over for our future phones.:D

no holo locker please it bugs out. and sometimes u get the regular locker..

I use setcpu and have 2 profiles. Screen off 245-368 conservative and screen on 245-1516 smartassv2. I spend ten minutes on my phone before I leave for work. I have a 20 min bicycle ride. I use my phone for music the entire ride. When i get there I'm still at 100%. But I agree about task killers... bad news. hashtag, feel free to correct me if I shouldn't be using a screen off profile due to some of the coding in this rom.

Upvote 0
Here's what I normally get on Vellamo. Haven't tested on a fresh boot for metal to recreate the 355 I claimed earlier. I couldn't get a screenshot then.

EDIT: I just did a fresh boot benchmark on Vellamo.
3y5y3y6a.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355015931528.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355015931528.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 0
I use setcpu and have 2 profiles. Screen off 245-368 conservative and screen on 245-1516 smartassv2. I spend ten minutes on my phone before I leave for work. I have a 20 min bicycle ride. I use my phone for music the entire ride. When i get there I'm still at 100%. But I agree about task killers... bad news. hashtag, feel free to correct me if I shouldn't be using a screen off profile due to some of the coding in this rom.

You should not need more than one profile. The optimal one is a min of 2xx, max of 16xx, and smartassV2 for the governor. When the screen is locked, after some time it throws the phone into Deep Sleep, which, coupled with other aspects of smartassV2, and the minimum frequency is the same as the conservative profile, should be more efficient whole still remaining lagless.

Reactions: rockalance
Upvote 0
You should not need more than one profile. The optimal one is a min of 2xx, max of 16xx, and smartassV2 for the governor. When the screen is locked, after some time it throws the phone into Deep Sleep, which, coupled with other aspects of smartassV2, and the minimum frequency is the same as the conservative profile, should be more efficient whole still remaining lagless.

I'll give this a try :)

Upvote 0

what does 2xx and 16xx mean? could i just get the whole numbers of the max/min?

Upvote 0

Alright. Get ready for a long post, but here's what I've got (and it doesn't touch whether or not you've turned on wifi, 3G, GPS, etc., it leaves that up to you whether or not those are on) after a lot of experimenting.

Key: Blue and Green mean that feature is active. The only features mentioned below are only mentioned because they are/should be active.

Under...

JuiceDefender -> Enabled (green)
Profile -> Advanced (green)
Notification -> Hide Status Bar Icon (blue)

Help:

Screen -> Enable After Unlock (blue)
Mobile Data Autofix -> Mobile Data Autofix (blue)
Disable on Wifi -> Data (blue)
Start at Boot -> Boot Workaround (blue)

Controls:

Mobile Data -> Enable (green)
Wifi -> Enable (green)
Options (right below Wifi) -> Auto Disable (blue) -> Wifi Preferred (blue).
Autosync -> Ping (green)

Schedules:

Schedule -> Enabled (green)
Frequency -> 15m (blue)
Duration -> 30s (blue)
Controls -> Custom (blue) -> Data (blue) -> Wifi (blue) -> Sync (blue)
Night -> Enabled (green)
Start/End (your choice, but mine is the following) -> 2am-6am (blue slider)
Options -> Airplane (blue) -> Silent (blue)
Peak -> Enabled (green)
Start/End (your choice, but mine is the following) -> 7:30am-11:30pm (blue slider)
Frequency -> On (blue)

Triggers:

Battery -> Enabled (green)
Battery Threshold -> 15% (blue)
Charger -> AC (blue)
Screen -> Enabled (green)
Options -> Ignore on Low Battery (blue)
Traffic -> Enabled (green)
Traffic Threshold -> Normal (blue) -> 15s (blue)

And that's it. Everything else is left untouched/is disabled/inactive. Feel free to change things according to how it best suits you, of course, like the schedules, but that's a carbon copy of what I currently have (and have had for over a month now).

Upvote 0
Last night I was in some app and it froze. The back button wouldn't do anything but I got back to the home screen with the home button and it froze there. I turned the screen off and let it sit for a few minutes and checked it again and it was fine. This morning I got up, turned on my wi-fi, and got an important push notification from USA Today about Sally Field's Christmas shopping. I went in to USA Today to turn off push notifications, it froze, the screen flickered and went blank, and rebooted.

I've also had some issues with the search button not working sometimes. I use an app called Invisibright that lets you change the screen brightness when you long-press the search button. Sometimes both long press and regular press don't work on the search button.

Could this be a Titanium backup issue? I only restored maybe 7-8 apps. I'm going to try scaling down a little from 1612 and see what happens.

Upvote 0
Hi, it's been awhile since I've been on. I just wanted to say that I don't really have the time for the android projects due to a job I recently got :( . So, I would like to remind people that Tagged is more of a community ROM, and people should feel free to update tagged and repost it as they wish(Perhaps I'll start a google group or something, and then put the link in the OP so that people can see the community versions). When I get home tonight, I'll upload the unfinished version of tagged 1.2(it's pretty much done, the visual installer just has to be fixed). I'll also make a thread about the theme chooser with a link for the source code so people can do whatever they want with that. I'm sorry that I don't have time for this stuff anymore :( , I've really enjoyed messing around with all of it, and I appreciate everything that the people in this forum have taught me :)

For now, I won't be on very often, so if you ask me a question or something then don't expect a swift reply. However, if anybody has a question that they really need to ask me(either because they can't find the info anywhere else, or there's something that they really need me to do/help with), and it's important, you can always shoot me a text at 417-438-6003. Just text me your username, say you're from the forums, and ask away :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones