• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Custom ROM]-Tagged

If I remap the search button to switch between CPU governors button, what should they be?

• Powersave & SmartassV2

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Powersave & Performance

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powersave & Ondemand

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cycle through all of the governors, we'll stop when we get to the one we want.

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
Everything seems to be working extremely smoothly and fast. My only concern is that my 3g is extremely slow. I mean, I can browse and access the Play Store but I have to wait several minutes for pages to load. It was running fine with Stock and I know its not my area (downtown LA).

edit: wifi works like a charm

Upvote 0
Everything seems to be working extremely smoothly and fast. My only concern is that my 3g is extremely slow. I mean, I can browse and access the Play Store but I have to wait several minutes for pages to load. It was running fine with Stock and I know its not my area (downtown LA).

edit: wifi works like a charm

hmm, thats funny. You could try and replace the build.prop with one from a backup If you'd like. is it doing anything else?

Upvote 0
ok, thanks anyway

I really loved your ROM but for some reason every time i turned my phone off and then back on i'd automatically go into bootloop, so i had to revert to stock;(

Not sure if it is related, but there is a pretty bad Bluetooth bug in our OE's. Try to connect to another Bluetooth device, then - in mid "Connecting" phase - turn Bluetooth off. Say, for example, you didn't want to connect and instead decided to turn it off....

NOPE.

OE won't have none of that. Instead of just cancelling or nullifying the potential connection or halting it, it stays in the "Connecting" phase even when Bluetooth is turned off, OE can't handle it, and so it "soft" reboots. IE: The screen flashes a few times, then goes right into the BootAnimation.

I'm not sure if that's what you were trying to do, and got caught in a bootloop, but now that's out there for food for thought.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it is related, but there is a pretty bad Bluetooth bug in our OE's. Try to connect to another Bluetooth device, then - in mid "Connecting" phase - turn Bluetooth off. Say, for example, you didn't want to connect and instead decided to turn it off....

NOPE.

OE won't have none of that. Instead of just cancelling or nullifying the potential connection or halting it, it stays in the "Connecting" phase even when Bluetooth is turned off, OE can't handle it, and so it "soft" reboots. IE: The screen flashes a few times, then goes right into the BootAnimation.

I'm not sure if that's what you were trying to do, and got caught in a bootloop, but now that's out there for food for thought.

I wasn't messing with bluetooth at all but what u were saying about my screen flashing then going back to boot was spot on!

And do u know how to fix it because I kinda understood your post and kinda didn't lol I'm a noob to most of this stuff

Upvote 0
I know for a fact that it has to do with what apps are installed. You need to fresh install your apps meaning NO backups can be restored from Titanium Backup. Everytime I've ever restored a backup for my apps (Even ones that are just games. Not root apps.) It puts me in that soft reboot bootloop crap. I don't use bluetooth at all really. Like maybe 3 times a year haha. I've learned that if you have that reboot issue then you just need to not reinstall your apps, and will gave to go redownload them from the market. Only other suggestion is to try Root Uninstaller Pro, and make individual apk backups of every app, and try installing things that way. But idk if that backup method will restore your data tho. /:

Upvote 0
I know for a fact that it has to do with what apps are installed. You need to fresh install your apps meaning NO backups can be restored from Titanium Backup. Everytime I've ever restored a backup for my apps (Even ones that are just games. Not root apps.) It puts me in that soft reboot bootloop crap. I don't use bluetooth at all really. Like maybe 3 times a year haha. I've learned that if you have that reboot issue then you just need to not reinstall your apps, and will gave to go redownload them from the market. Only other suggestion is to try Root Uninstaller Pro, and make individual apk backups of every app, and try installing things that way. But idk if that backup method will restore your data tho. /:

Yeah I was thinking about titanium backup being problem but the idea got no apps so I got little choices

Upvote 0

Hopefully that is the case with other soft reboots, because that is not the case with Bluetooth. My girlfriend's OE had not been rooted until last night, and while she was on stock ZV4 it happened to her, and on stock ZV5 it happened. This was all prior to and after having been rooted (and, being rooted, that includes backing up/restoring apps). It's happened to myself on all of the custom ROMs, and is still an issue in

Upvote 0
Hopefully that is the case with other soft reboots, because that is not the case with Bluetooth. My girlfriend's OE had not been rooted until last night, and while she was on stock ZV4 it happened to her, and on stock ZV5 it happened. This was all prior to and after having been rooted (and, being rooted, that includes backing up/restoring apps). It's happened to myself on all of the custom ROMs, and is still an issue in Ægir as well. Specifically with Bluetooth, trying to connect to another Bluetooth device then deciding against it and trying to kill the connection-in-transit by instinctively turning Bluetooth off instead of waiting. Maybe giantpune knows what's up with this?

Yeah I would really appreciate a fix for all this so I can use a ROM smoothly :)

Upvote 0
Is this ROM still being developed? I have it on my OE, really like it, just wondering if there's anything still going on with this?

There is, I just don't have a lot of time on my hands lately. I'll be releasing a new version here before too long, currently working on getting some new stuff in(like a theme chooser), and smoothing out some things I've found to be annoying. If anybody has some things they want to add/change to Tagged and put it back up in a new thread, feel free to do so. I view this as being more of an open ROM, full rights go out to everybody.

Reactions: Artine
Upvote 0
Theme chooser will get me back to this rom. Im at sleipnir right now.

The Theme chooser uses Themes taken from the other ROMS in this elite forum, so the theme chooser will be put up as a separate thread, in no way attached to Tagged. It will be included in Tagged, but it won't be a "Tagged Feature" :p

I too have checked out Sleipnir, it's gorgeous. Very clean and pleasing to look at. ICS elite looks great too, especially the font.

Upvote 0
Some of the icons in sleipnir are too realistic. I like the minimalistic, 2d icons.

I've got the theme choose working. You pick a theme, then it installs it, reboots your phone, and wa-laa. It has ICS Elite, Sleipnir, CyanBread, Tagged, and Stock themes in it. If anybody has one they really like, then send the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk's to me and I'll put it in there as well.

Upvote 0
Im using tagged now for about a month. it is clean , however my main issue is my battery it dies fast. i have advanced task killer set to autokill at screen off . only the main things usually run + notification toggle < which i feel is almost a necessity, I miss cyangenmod for that. maybe its notification toggle? CPU set to 122-1024 with smartass2 and or ondemand. since i set it down or to ondemand it lags for a split second here or there.

internal storage 247/643 free
Running...
Media 2.5mb
android core apps 13mb
settings 8mb
cpu master free 1.8mb
advanced task killer free 10mb
com.android.qualcomm 1.8mb
google services 8.8mb
Notification toggle 3.3mb
Android keyboard 16mb

Ram 129 used ; 141 free
losing 1% every 20 min or so on standby.

I tried the older version of Aegir > im going to try this new version it seemed fast and efficient the 4 days i used it but kinda messy.. and the main font roboto .. not a fan.

Wishlist from both : notification toggle in status bar built into framework with ability of longpress on the icon to enter settings.

a power control widget you can actually edit/change the switches.

a little more settings in the area of lockscreen display (battery %) missing > too hard to see % on tagged status bar. not sure if there is an option and where it would be ...
a little more settings in the area of display > trashcan on bottom (shrink screen) ?

Honestly if you guys could incorporate a lot of this into the framework your OS's would be just as good as CyanogenMods and we would have something new to pine over for our future phones.:D

no holo locker please it bugs out. and sometimes u get the regular locker..

Reactions: Hashtag
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones