• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom ROM users, could you test GTA VC for me?

rubejb

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2010
I do a lot of gaming on my phone and tablet. And although GTA 3 works fantastically on my stock/rooted Evo V, Vice City crashes after a minute or so of gameplay.

It's apparently a known issue with this type of GPU and Rockstar has been looking into since release (which means it's unlikely to ever be fixed).

I was wondering if anyone out there is on a custom ROM and owns GTA Vice City, and could let me know if it somehow works with it. Perhaps the ROM has different video drivers or something?

I'm looking to install a custom ROM and that might be my deciding factor of one of them somehow plays it.

Thanks!

sr i took so long to reply back, but its a pretty big game.
So anyways I'm running hood pope rom, i tried it n it causes random reboots left n right.
I play this game on my kindle fire hd all romed up to cm10 as well, initially when i played this game on the kindle fire hd it failed in exactly the same way, n on there i was able to trouble shoot it and fix it by flashing a Play Store DPI Fix found here https://mega.co.nz/#!8VonnAyL!Z7rsHT38WQ-GWXtI5nusRXfqxfF-FG902t3LGq49KVA
so upon seeing how the game failed on the evo 3d in the same way i thought that file might fix it. So i gave it a shot but still a no go.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response, no matter how long it took you. :)

I was afraid that it wouldn't work even on a custom ROM. According to Rockstar it's an issue with the GPU, so I'll just give up hope.

As far as Hood Pope goes, do you like it? Does it work "flawlessly"? Does texting and data all work without jumping through hoops? The only thing I really don't care about is 3D, and 4G isn't in my area so I guess that's not important either.

I want to try out a 4.2 or 4.3 ROM but I'm not S-OFF at the moment. But if it works without any hiccups, maybe I will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones