• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom rom-which would be best for me ?

Hi all...

Rooted my htc desire using unrevoked 3....am now wanting a custom rom but not sure which one to get..Currently I am running froyo 2.2 (was an ota update)...I am wanting (if possible) a custom rom that includes tweaks for better fps on recorded videos if there is one....

Also I am wondering why even though I have installed move2sd enabler and my apps are getting installed to sd card I am still getting the low on space message as well (especially as it's an 8gb card)?

Thanks in advance.
Steve

hmm using rom manager only gives ext size 128mb,256mb,512mb then option for swap size 0mb,32mb,64mb,128mb,256mb....says nothing about ext 3,4 etc ?
Should I use something else-saw rom manager on another post thats why i installed it..

I have mine set to 600mb and ext3 (also have a 8gb card).

Just make sure you download the version in my profile because the new update has a ton of issues!!

My sig has a tutorial on partitioning.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
watched the video, so basically i have to make the 1st partition fat 32 and 600mb, then the second partition will be ext 3 and the rest of the space on the card ?
Just downloading gparted iso to give it a go..thanks will let you know how i get on :)
I made my ext3 partition 600mb!

You can use the thanks button to show your appreciation, if you like.

Reactions: FashFD
Upvote 0
i'm all confused now then :(
could you explain what size i should make the 1st partition then ? should that be fat 32 ?
do i make the second partion ext3 and set that to 600mb ?
what happens to the rest of the space on the 8gb card ?

also confused as to which rom to download..my desire is factory unbranded on o2 uk..I think I need the second one (the insertcoin one as below-is that the one in your sig??)
Really sorry to be a pain :(
Steve

1.9x - 1.84 base TELIUS WWE baadnewz.nice1.at - /
1.8x - 1.72 base WWE Index of /Desire_HD_Base/InsertCoin

Upvote 0
could you explain what size i should make the 1st partition then ? should that be fat 32 ?

also confused as to which rom to download..my desire is factory unbranded on o2 uk..I think I need the second one (the insertcoin one as below-is that the one in your sig??)
Really sorry to be a pain :(
Steve

1.9x - 1.84 base TELIUS WWE baadnewz.nice1.at - /
1.8x - 1.72 base WWE Index of /Desire_HD_Base/InsertCoin

You're not a pain! ;)

I don't really remember but I remember watching the video about 10 times before partitioning!

Yes, the one in my sig that supports app2sd (version 1.8h)

http://baadnewz.lcdc.sk/Desire_HD_Base/InsertCoin/

Maybe SUroot will jump in and help...

Upvote 0
You make the first partition fat32, and the size of it is the whole of the card except for the ext3 partition you add at the end.

Before you start this you will currently have a single fat32 partition taking up the whole of the card. So you're basically shrinking that a bit and sticking an ext3 partition into the space vacated.

As Lecter says, watch the vid as often as you need to, but that's the basic concept. Remember that repartitioning a card will wipe it, so back up your files and folders onto a computer first (you can copy them back to the fat partition once it's done).

Reactions: FashFD
Upvote 0
You're not a pain! ;)

I don't really remember but I remember watching the video about 10 times before partitioning!

Yes, the one in my sig that supports app2sd (version 1.8h)

Index of /Desire_HD_Base/InsertCoin

Maybe SUroot will jump in and help...

Whats the difference between those 2 ROMS?

Im thinking of trying out this ROM but I am a little confused.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones