1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Custom ROMs and Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KB1616, Sep 3, 2011.

1. KB1616

KB1616 Member

I'm sure some of you guys have tried flashing the Alien Rom/StarWars Rom. Have you guys found significant increases in Battery Life? I really like my setup right now on stock, but if I can get a few more hours out of my phone with moderate use that'd be awesome.

I'm currently using Juice Defender and get about 16-18 total hours out of my phone with about 10-15% battery life left..maybe less. I'd love to know what everyone else has been experiencing!

I'm anxiously waiting for that day where we only have to charge our phones once a week...too bad battery physics haven't improved much over the last few decades.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. busted bones

busted bones Android Enthusiast

There's only so many extra electrons you can cram into a space. If anything advances are coming from ways to recycle wasted energy such as the developments at UCLA and MIT where they made photovoltaic cells that used the heat generated by batteries to recharge a battery like a solar cell and there's a screen being developed that has photovoltaic cells on the back side to asorb light before it passes through and send some energy back to
    the battery.

BOT most ROMs give a small increase in battery life but usually custom kernels are where the big increases are for battery life.

KB1616 likes this.
  3. KB1616

KB1616 Member

That sounds pretty cool. I think i read on one of the other forums that a user was getting 35 hours...I thought that was crazy!

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews