1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Custom Roms and I have 'no carrier'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by porkrocket, Jul 5, 2013.

1. porkrocket

porkrocket Lurker

OK.
    So I'm lost, my limited experience has now dried up.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 X on Telus, SGH-T989D.

It's been rooted, I was running Cyanogen for a while but then went to AOKP for the unicorns... two days ago I tried installing the latest available Slim Bean instead.

As soon as I installed Slim Bean I lost the ability to connect to my phone's carrier (telus). WiFi worked great, everything worked GREAT except for the fact that I couldn't connect to my carrier. No data. Nothing.

So I hit the forums, learned that I might have trashed my EFS folder by mistake, had a minor attack of the 'ohmygodihoopedthedamnthingitsnowabrick' but then realized I could just restore it to factory standard. Which I did. And now it all works again and I have a safely stored backup a la EFS Pro... just in case.

So I thought I could just install Slim Bean all over again, then backup my archived EFS folder using the EFS Pro utility and it might all work out just fine... except that it doesn't.

It doesn't at all.

Now, after doing this I can actually connect to my carrier no problem. My imei number appears as does my carrier name, mac address, phone number (all of that jazz) in the info screen... but the field labelled 'baseband version' is blank and I can't actually make any calls, send any texts or use my data link.

Nobody seems to know what causes this, I gave up after a while and tried installing Cyanogen again because stock isn't really doing it for me but the latest version of THAT doesn't work either... it's exactly the same problem!

Can somebody help me out here?
    I'd really like to be able to use something other than the factory defaults and hate the thought of being trapped here when before it was so easy to change.

Thanks for any advice you can offer,

Mike.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dominatro

dominatro Lurker

so no resolve for this issue?! im having this problem atm...i have imei and all that other fancy stuff but no service to my carrier...i thought it might be a kernel issue but i have no idea

Samsung Galaxy S2 X Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews