• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom ROMs for Galaxy Pop/Mini(S5570)

dhruvbatra205

Aug 29, 2011
I want to install custom ROMs for my galaxy pop. i read a tutorial on a forum which was using the ROM manager app. In the starting of the procedure, i had to select something and the app was supposed to get to know my phone, but it didn't.
I need a full tutorial tested on galaxy mini. can anyone lead me to one or make a small one for me?

the tutorial is here...
[Complete Guide] How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore

any help will be appreciated! :)

I want to install custom ROMs for my galaxy pop. i read a tutorial on a forum which was using the ROM manager app. In the starting of the procedure, i had to select something and the app was supposed to get to know my phone, but it didn't.
I need a full tutorial tested on galaxy mini. can anyone lead me to one or make a small one for me?

the tutorial is here...
[Complete Guide] How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore

any help will be appreciated! :)

Though this is not a tutorial I will list each major step you will need to follow to flash a custom rom.
1. Your phone must have gingerbread. If you are on froyo try to upgrade it with the help of this detailed guide Handy Informations: Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570 to Gingerbread 2.3.4

2. After upgrading install clockwork recovery mod using Odin one package option. Download from here tass-recovery-cwm.tar.

3. Find yourself a custom rom (as far as I know Andro-id is the only offical custom rom for samsung galaxy pop/mini gts5570, but users have also installed unofficial cyanongen mod 7 rom wich they claim is working well.) Get yourself one. Download Andro-id v3.2 signed from this link Andro-id_signed_v3.2.zip

4. copy the zip file to your sdcard.

5. reboot your device in recovery (Power + Home).

6. Select 'Apply Update from Sdcard' option and choose the zip file you copied earlier.

7. wait for it to finish. It is recommended to wipe your data and cache.

8. Reboot your phone. you should now have a custom rom running.

Hope it is clear for you. If you have problem/issues feel free to ask.
Wish you all the best!!!!

Upvote 0
Andro-id is not available in ROm Manager. And by the way I've heard a lot of complaints that rom manager is bricking their phones from many users. So, the best and recommended method is to do it manually. Just follow the procedures above and everything will be fine...

I've heard cyanogenmod 7 nightly build is available is ROm Manager. If you want you can flash that. But, you have to install CWM recovery manually as Rom Manager doesn't list our deive in flash CWM recovery option and selecting other devices may lead to a bricked phone.

Upvote 0
hello gyz its vishal,
i also hav galaxy mini and rooted my device
and i flashed cwm using odin also .... i still hav android 2.2 froyo ...
my problem is that i cannot boot into cwm recovery mode
when i press home key + power key then phone stuck on that SAMSUNG logo and nothing proceeds .... the only option i hav is to start it normally
i hav also reflashed many time but same problem ....
plz gyz help me
mail plz
vishalmeham2@gmail.com
Andro-id is not available in ROm Manager. And by the way I've heard a lot of complaints that rom manager is bricking their phones from many users. So, the best and recommended method is to do it manually. Just follow the procedures above and everything will be fine...

I've heard cyanogenmod 7 nightly build is available is ROm Manager. If you want you can flash that. But, you have to install CWM recovery manually as Rom Manager doesn't list our deive in flash CWM recovery option and selecting other devices may lead to a bricked phone.

Upvote 0
hello gyz its vishal,
when i press home key + power key then phone stuck on that SAMSUNG logo and nothing proceeds .... the only option i hav is to start it normally
plz gyz help me
mail plz
vishalmeham2@gmail.com

Are you sure you are using the correct files for CWM?
The one given here [DEV] [Samsung GT-S5570] [ROM & Kernel] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 - xda-developers work for me good.
Try out reflashing it.

Upvote 0
hello gyz its vishal,
plz gyz help me
mail plz
vishalmeham2@gmail.com

Sorry to dissapoint you but CWM recovery is not compatible with Froyo 2.2.1 you must have gingerbread to use it . Please Upgrade to gingerbread before flashing CWM throuh Odin..

Useful Links
Handy Informations: Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570 to Gingerbread 2.3.4
[DEV] [Samsung GT-S5570] [ROM & Kernel] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 - xda-developers
Download CWM Recovery http://www.mediafire.com/?zb2xvhktd0xd7w0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones