• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom ROMs or froyo

Karlohumpy

Jul 29, 2010
Hi, im new to the smartphone/android scene and i've recently rooted my desire. I was going to look around for a nice custom ROM, but now i'm hearing about this new official froyo 2.2 that is out..would i be better going for the froyo, or is there better custom roms out there?

Hi, im new to the smartphone/android scene and i've recently rooted my desire. I was going to look around for a nice custom ROM, but now i'm hearing about this new official froyo 2.2 that is out..would i be better going for the froyo, or is there better custom roms out there?

Now you are rooted stick with custom roms, they will improve over the official one.
Besides if you unroot & get the OTA froyo there is no way back, you can't root or use goldcard etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones