• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom roms without bloat-ware?

rayman121985

Jul 26, 2010
When custom roms come out for the Captivate will this be able to make it where it is bloatfree from AT&T and have custom things being able to add any apk app without doing the sideloading stuff ect? I am wondering if custom roms will make it where we can do whatever we want without AT&T restrictions...

thanks!

Already done that...not my question mate...I am wondering if future custom roms will be able to eliminate all this and be custom to whatever we want...I am wondering if there will be a way around the bloatware and restrictions in the first place for a better overall rom...without all this crap with tweaks ect...I am wondering if it will be possible.

Upvote 0
Already done that...not my question mate...I am wondering if future custom roms will be able to eliminate all this and be custom to whatever we want...I am wondering if there will be a way around the bloatware and restrictions in the first place for a better overall rom...without all this crap with tweaks ect...I am wondering if it will be possible.

It will be, there is already a alpha stock rom available that is just vanilla Android 2.1. cryogen rom 6.0 will probably be the one you're after in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones