1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Customer Service on 2/6/11. There is no Thunderbolt Launching, and no 4G until the 3rd Quarter?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sean76, Feb 6, 2011.

1. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Well Well, always an adventure when talking to vzw's customer care! Anyway, I just called up to make sure that there was an available upgrade on one of our lines. And the the rep told me that he never heard of the Thunderbolt, and that phones wont utilize 4G until around the 3rd quarter? Whats up with that, classic!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kcs7272

kcs7272 Android Expert

As usual they know NOTHING! Your first clue should have been "I have never heard of the Thunderbolt" It may not release on the 14th (I think it will) but there is no way in Hell it will be as late as 3rd quarter.

A. Don't worry

B. Don't EVER listen to a rep, especially when they don't even know the name of a device that is soon to be released and has been talked about so heavily for MONTHS!

C. Don't EVER listen to reps

D. Don't EVER listen to reps

Sensing a theme here? I cannot tell you how many times I had to educate a rep on a product. The day before the Nexus S was available I argued with 5 different Best Buy reps as well as customer service! THEY HAD NO IDEA IT WAS LAUNCHING THE NEXT DAY! LOL :eek:

3. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

E. Ditto A. B. C. and D.

4. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

LOL....I agree on all points! I just found it insanely funny how this rep was arguing with me about the phone, and the fact that it uses 4G, and its coming this month...Amazing how little these clowns really know.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews