1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Customer Support now available for rooted devices

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rxpert83, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Most of us have known for a little while now that Sprint is pretty cool with rooted phones if your bring them in with non root issues, but heres a story that I originally saw posted over on XDA by whiterider13.

Customer Support now available for Rooted Devices at Sprint | TalkAndroid.com

It seems like they will be treating rooted phones just like any other if they are not able to fix the issue they will order a replacement. I assume this is NOT for devices that were broken due to the rooting process (but who knows)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah they actually have had this policy in place for a few months now. but they have left it up to the tech if they want to help or not. my tech at sprint that i know at my local sprint store has told me so. he also said that some techs have no idea on the rooting aspect and may or may not choose to do work on it or not.

but this is good to actually see it in writing. thanx rxpert for sharing:adore:

dustwun77 and MusicJunkie like this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yeah its good to actually be able to see their official policy. So if you are getting told otherwise at the store you just ask for management :D

4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

The cats at my local store know I'm a power user. They don't mess with me when I need something, now the manager is a chode and will not even look at a rooted phone. So if I get him, I just leave the store. LOL

The folks at BestBuy are pretty cool too.

dustwun77, frenchy714 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Cool beans.

dustwun77 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews