• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Customize my lock screen

Uhh, on my htc hero just press menu over a pic in my album and press set as. Then a menu comes up asking if I want it as a wallpaper, lock screen etc..... hope that helps

Yeah, I figured that part out right away. What I meant was customizing the way you unlock the screen. The app I mentioned, Lockbot, gives you the option to make your lockscreen look (and work) like it does on an iPhone or on a Galaxy S, for example.

Well kinda, you would need to root. That way you could gain access even to paid apps and to customizing just about everything.

This is one app for the lockscreen WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain

No idea how to do it without the rooting. Maybe someone else will know :)

Well, rooting isn't really something I'm considering right now. I guess I'll just have to stick with the default lockscreen. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones