1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

customized notification for incoming sms from contacts

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lanwanman, Mar 28, 2011.

1. lanwanman

lanwanman Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    I want to customize a notification for a incoming sms message. I'm using a DROID 2 on Verizon. I work in IT and I have software setup to send me a text message when something critical happens in my data center. With my BB this was so easy to setup a custom notification for only this contact. I want create a custom ringtone and reminder alert every 1 minute for ONLY this contact because I would want to be woken up in the middle of the night. I wouldn't want to be woken up from a buddy that drunk texts me at 3am. I've tried Missed Reminder, SMS Popup, GO SMS, and Handcent. The app that was closest to being able to accomplish this was SMS Popup. The only issue was that you could not set reminders alerts on specific contacts. The reminder alerts apply to global sms messages. So now I've downloaded Tasker from a recommendation I found in the forums. I'm having trouble creating the profile to accomplish this. Can anyone help? Here is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish:

Incoming sms from XXX, Sound "selected ringtone" at a high volume, blink red flashing light fast, reminder sound every 1 minute, after acknowledging text message, clear alert.

Advertisement