1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Customizing a Rom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hawkjm73, Aug 27, 2010.

1. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    I would like to gently customize a ROM for myself. I unzipped the latest one from XDA, and found subfolders much like those seen with ADB on a live phone. I want to do such thing as remove specific bloat apps, put in a Phone.apk with my own default caller pic, and a custom boot. It LOOKS like all I have to do is remove or replace the files, just as I would do in ADB, rezip the rom, and install. I assume I would zip with no compression. Is it really that simple?

Advertisement

2. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is install it then remove the apps with root explorer.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    yea you can do that... and like said above just removing them from the rom already booted is easy

4. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Cool, thanks. I know I can do it already booted, but there is just something rather satisfying about having it done before loading the ROM. :D

5. Spart

Spart Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    But it's so simple using a root explorer then just rebooting. Why bother with all the commands?

6. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    'Cause if I do it before I load the ROM, I can just bulk select and drag all the apps into a different folder. Basically, mouse is easier then finger.