• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Customizing "Pictures" Wallpaper Setting

tebower

Nov 1, 2009
So, it's pretty annoying that when I go to select a wallpaper, the "Pictures" option pulls up every single image on my SD card (icons for apps, CD art, etc.), when all I want it to do it pull images from my "Wallpaper" folder.

Is there any way to customize what images get pulled? Can folders (like CD art) be hidden from gallery view so that they don't show up in the "Pictures" list?

Thanks!

I can not remember what the stock gallery app is like on 2.0.1, but I created a folder of wallpaper photos that are saved on my sd card. This way you can devert to that folder when you only want to see those photos. I did this buy creating the folder while my phone was plug into my computer. This has helped me, I hope it sheds some light on the situation for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones