• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Customs roms on droid X a go, what about custom radio?

steve500

Dec 29, 2009
Droid X has custom roms now from what I'm reading in a few threads on here, AWESOME.

Now, what about those that are provisioning their Droids to a different carrier other than Verizon? I have activated to Alltel, everthing is SOLID except for EVDO is a fail and ... nobody knows why it does not work, theres been many others that have tried and tried to get the droid on alltel, but failing. I have activated both an Eris and Incredible with STOCK rom on alltel with full features and EVDO...

I'm thinking it could be the verizon flashed radio, some hidden stuff in the memory of the radio has got to be screwing us up, think its possible to get a custom rom going with a generic radio?.. think the Droid X has the same radio as the Droid ? I seen that people are flashing the Droid with the Droid milestone sbf to get a generic radio file for easier flashing..

any help is very appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones