• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cut your Bill in Half (New plans)

Sept1967

Android Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2015
No talk in here about these new plans (Tmobile, AT&T, Verizon ports)

There is a feature I haven't seen before on PostPaid. I ported an unlocked Nexus 6 - stock, to the Sprint $40 /10GB plan.
It was painful the first day, the new plans weren't in Sprints system until late in the day, but should be better now.
It also includes native tethering on the plan. I am using it right now (usb) just from the built in phone menu.
I will try Hotspot later too.

I don't know if the AT&T or Verizon port plans include it. But for 10GB for $40, for 2 years, no contract, I wanted to try. I get good Sprint LTE in my area.

I was trying hard to be an "Uncarrier" fan. But they keep raising their prices (closer to AT&T and Verizon now) I need plans with more data, everyone includes unlimited voice/text.
In my area, Tmobile gets faster speed, but not consistent (anywhere from 1.5 to 40) on bands 4 or 12.
Sprint at times speedtests slower (5 to 25), but is always a faster ping, and more reliable.

Upvote 0
i sure hope sprint has actually made real strides in data speeds and network reliability.
I don't want them to die... make a comeback!!!

my sis works for them..
and it is better to have GOOD competition.

I was a long time Sprint customer (10 years plus), but moved my main line to Boost last year. Same signal, more data, less money, less BS.
This last quarter is the first in 3 years, they added more lines then they lost. They are starting to realize they have to compete again - since they fell to #4 behind T-Mobile.
I hope they stick around also.

Upvote 0
PS when (if) you switch to Sprint under this promo,

They don't know what plan you are on, and have no way of knowing (only the carrier). They ask you what plan you want to go to, under Sprint.

So you can choose any tier - to cut your bill in half. Just saying.......
I chose the $40 / 10GB plan - because they asked me which one I wanted during the port.

Upvote 0
Be careful guys. My wife signed a lease which gave her unlimited data for $50 per month...because it was an iPhone. Over a year later, Sprint wants to raise the two year lease to $60 per month. The Sprint rep said they are trying to generate more revenue. Scum doesn't do it to new customers but to a seven year customer who has never went over 8GB in a month...while in a ****ing lease contract?

I warned her about this shitty company but she did not listen.

Reactions: wuyiL
Upvote 0
Another addition to Cut Your Bill in Half. Not sure if everyone qualifies. But I received a letter from Sprint after porting my gf to them back in Nov. Said I can add another line, get the same pricing, without a port needed.

So if I add my line to them, both lines are only $30 a month each, 10GB data each, w/ tethering-hotspot, price good for 2 years, no contract.

I cant pass this up, the Dark Side is pulling me.........

Upvote 0
Probably depends on what data you want. Unlimited is still only $75 per phone.

I swapped my Boost number over this morning, now both on Sprint. If their prices suck at the end of 2 years, I can always swap back to Boost.

I just wanted better phone choices. Boost was great - service and price, coverage the same. If I had a way to get my gf's Nexus6 on Boost, I would be there still. Im eyeing a MotoX Pure myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones