• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CW Mod Recovery

Where can I get the clockwork mod recovery from? The posted video shows it is included in the rooting tool, but the latest download does not include it as far as I can tell since the menu choice to install it was not present.

I was successful at rooting and have been able to use Titanium Backup to remove some stock applications, but I would really like to get a backup of the whole tablet so I can try any new ROMs that become available.

Found my own answer. While the video shows there is a choice for clockwork mod, I found I had to manually execute the recovery.bat file from within the tools folder after successfully rooting the device. Hope that helps others. I was then able to reboot into recovery and do a full backup.

I use and strongly recommend pio_masaki's [ROM] Kuroikaze Shinka CM10. It's really smooth and fast with almost no issues.

Upvote 0
I have just rooted my thrive 10". However, I don't think I have the latest version of CWM (v5.5.0.4). How do I update it? I haven't done anything other than rooting it. I was trying to do a backup with CWM, but received the error "can't mount backup path".

Thanks.

Model: AT100 8GB (AT105?)
Android version: 3.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3-00020-g3d351b6
Android-toshiba@dps3build10 #1
Build Number: HTK55D.31.5.0003
Product Version

Upvote 0
cajun34,
1. have you got "full sized SD card" ? CWM doesn't like MicroSD with adapter. Many backup errors related to Memory card problems, so you try use another SD card +you need at least 3GB free space on it.
2. you can get latest CWM from here +there is alternative recovery named TWRP too: [Recovery] 10" Thrive - ClockWorkMod Touch Recovery-6.0.2.8
3. if you need professional use ThriveForums: Toshiba Thrive Development
4. may be that recovery can solve your backup problem: [ClockWorkMod] [MOD] Auto Mount External Storgae

Reactions: cajun34
Upvote 0
Kyogre,

Thank you for replying. I had a full sized SD card. I just purchased a new full sized 32gb sdhc card. I am formatting it now. I will try the backup again, once formatting is done. Will come back if the problem is still there. This is all pretty new to me and I've spent days reading, researching...half blind now!

Upvote 0
When I go to check to make sure Super User is working, (v3.1.3 (46) ) ; su binary v3.1.1 (17) .... I tap on check for updates and it says: downloading manifest failed. When I click on try again, I get "the application has unexpectedly stopped, and only option is to force close. Have tried it several times, same results.

So I guess it's not working?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I used the Dale thrive Universal Easy Flash Tool v2.8.1

Thanks

Model: AT100 8GB
Android version: 3.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3-00020-g3d351b6
Android-toshiba@dps3build10 #1
Build Number: HTK55D.31.5.0003

Upvote 0
cajun34,
1. your Superuser and binary are latest and already up-to-date
2. I tried to do the same on my thrive and it gived me the same error, so I think superuser's developer just closed update link because it is very old program. I think superuser's support is dead for now. Anyway if "root"-apps work on your tablet you don't need to worry about.

3. you need "FAT32 full-formated card" to properly use in recoveries

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones