1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CWM backup file not showing up in file manager.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Gurkanwal_chauhan, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Gurkanwal_chauhan

I backupped my phone from the option given in cwm recovery. When i switched the phone on, my storage space got low and i want to transfer the backup to my pc but i cant find the backup in the clockworkmod folder. Even with 'show hidden files' option enabled.I only got one file there that was recovery_version that was of 0kb. So pls tell where can i find the backup file?

In cwm recovery it is saying that the backup is in \sdcard\clockworkmod\backup..
    But i can't find anything like this.
    I'm using galaxy note 2 n7100 on android 4.3 jellybean.

And also i want to know that what things get backupped with the cwm backup..
    Thanks.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by Gurkanwal_chauhan, Feb 9, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

A long time since I used CWM, but /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup sounds right to me (unless you modified the path in CWM's settings, e.g. to make it save on the removable ("external") SD card rather than the emulated internal one, but then I'd expect it to show you the path it's currently using.

The backup is actually a folder containing a number of images which back up different partitions: system (ROM), boot (kernel), data (apps and app data) and cache (which I always consider kinda pointless, so usually clear cache before taking a nandroid). It won't back up other stuff on /sdcard (media etc) or your removable card (apart from any apps you've moved there, if your phone has that option).

4. Gurkanwal_chauhan

Thanks for the info.

I donot have any ext.sdcard mounted on my device. All cwm settings are on default.Any other suggestion?

#3 Gurkanwal_chauhan, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Are you using a rooted file manager/browser?

I believe I've seen this issue before--the CWM backups used to be (a long while back) visible by "normal" (non-rooted) file browsers and there was a change made to protect these from being seen without a rooted file manager.

6. Gurkanwal_chauhan

Gotcha!
    I deleted and rebackupped several times but nothing happened. And then i borrowed an sd card from a friend and backed up into the sdcard and found the backup file easily without the 'show hidden files' option enabled.
    At this path:
    \storage\Ext.sdcard\clockworkmod\backup

I used the samsung stock file manager.
    Thankyou for the help guys.:)

El Presidente and scary alien like this.