1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CWM Bootloop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bgrutter, Feb 18, 2011.

1. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Awesome. Stuck in a Bootloop after trying to boot into recovery, CWM 3.0.0.2 (CWM 3.0.0.5 left me high and dry in the middle of a Nandroid).

How oh how do I get it to stop? If it were my DInc, I'd just pull the battery. Not an issue here. Ideas?

Advertisement

2. bgrutter

None

Apr 20, 2010
    For reference, I keep getting to the "Touch the Future of Reading" display screen before it boots again. Over and over and over and over and over again...

3. bgrutter

None

Apr 20, 2010
    Well, I think I both figured out how to fix it and how to break my NC all at once. No applause, please.

I could see no way to interrupt the Bootloop, other than insert a bootable SD card. Problem is, that still wasn't going to allow me to change the system, since I'd be running from an SD card.

There may have been other ways to fix it more easily, but I opted to simply restore my phone to factory with the Bootable CWM SDcard. That went fine. Problem is, once I had everything wiped and re-installed, I had to reboot my NC. When I did, I still had the SDcard in the slot. So, of course it booted right back into CWM. So, I decided to try removing the SDcard as soon as the screen went blank and right before it restarted. Brilliant, I know. I definitely didn't think that one out.

Anyway, now my NC won't do a thing. NOTHING. I'm holding on to a prayer that the battery simply gave out after all my toying around (I had in fact thought a dead battery might be my only way to exit the loop). But, my guess is that's not the case. Call me a pessimist.

At this point, I'm thinking that I'll be returning my NC to the store tomorrow. Sweet.

4. cabbie

cabbie Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    did you flash a 1.0.1 image from the cwm card?

charge it up and then see what happens...

5. bgrutter

None

Apr 20, 2010
    Just logging on to update. I was eventually able to get back up and going. Had to put the bootable CWM card back in and mess with the power button. Don't know for sure what i did, but it worked. Booted into recovery, removed the SDcard, and then rebooted.

Quite odd. Chalk it up as another learning experience... ;)

6. cabbie

cabbie Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    good to hear.

what do you remember from what you tried? was it using bootable cwm to flash stock back?

7. bgrutter

None

Apr 20, 2010
    Depends which situation you're referring to.

For the bootloop, yes the Bootable CWM SDcard was the solution to restore it back to factory.

For the none-booting NC, is was an unknown combination of pressing the power and volume buttons.

FINAL VERDICT: I'm staying away from CWM for a while. Or at least 3.0.0.2 and 3.0.0.5.