• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CWM] Development Thread

I have tried to flash this (and a source build of the non-touch recovery) and keep running into issues.

3 methods that did not work for me:
flash_image
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 bs=4094
fastboot

Actually, "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 bs=4094" appears to work and displays proper output, however, the device boots into stock recovery. I've tried in every boot mode, including FTM and have not succeeded.

Edit -> Killah1994: Thanks, by the way, for providing the touch recoveryhttp://androidforums.com/members/killah1994.html.

Upvote 0
I have tried to flash this (and a source build of the non-touch recovery) and keep running into issues.

3 methods that did not work for me:
flash_image
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 bs=4094
fastboot

Actually, "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 bs=4094" appears to work and displays proper output, however, the device boots into stock recovery. I've tried in every boot mode, including FTM and have not succeeded.

Edit -> Killah1994: Thanks, by the way, for providing the touch recoveryhttp://androidforums.com/members/killah1994.html.

Well I tried ...., but it did install correct?... and if it did you can download quick boot and reboot into recovery and see if it works... but dang! LOL at least you didn't get bricked ;) thanks for taking that chance to try it.

Upvote 0
Well I tried ...., but it did install correct?... and if it did you can download quick boot and reboot into recovery and see if it works... but dang! LOL at least you didn't get bricked ;) thanks for taking that chance to try it.

No problem! It's pretty difficult to brick this phone while flashing recovery images, provided the modifications are focused on /dev/block/mmcblk0p16

The non-touch recovery that I built from source and the touch recovery you built from the web-based builder appear to properly flash with dd, however, everything reverts back to stock recovery.

Upvote 0
What does the stock recovery look like?

Like this:
stock-recovery.jpg

Reactions: twogbsd
Upvote 0
No problem! It's pretty difficult to brick this phone while flashing recovery images, provided the modifications are focused on /dev/block/mmcblk0p16

The non-touch recovery that I built from source and the touch recovery you built from the web-based builder appear to properly flash with dd, however, everything reverts back to stock recovery.

I have a hunch that the boot.img replaces it on boot :/ Can you pull that up for me and upload it please? ;)

Pretty much stock ICS recovery.... Stock meaning the original from source recovery... I shall Google something ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones