1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CwM Fail... Doesn't Read MicroSD ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sonicfrog, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Lurker

First, I have to thank Geeve420 for writing this excellent guide to rooting then installing a custom ROM on the Captivate.

Everything worked great... Up to the part where I was instructing the CwM Recovery (v5.1.0.7) to "install ZIP from SD card". I enter into that, but instead of going to the micro SD, it looks like it's reading the from the OS already installed.

I've tried a few different ROMs, but that didn't make any difference. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Mike aka Sonicfrog

PS. This was my first time trying to root and generally mess with a cell phone, so I'm assuming I probably did something wonky.

2. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Lurker

3. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Lurker

Jeez!!!! Never mind!

I realized last night the ROM zip image has to be on the main SD card, NOT on the microSD. Flashed it, and after one scare last night where I thought I bricked it, it's working like a charm.

Taking it out on a test drive today!

4. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Glad you got it sorted. Sorry no-one got a reply to you, this sub forum doesn't have a lot of traffic nowadays.

I'm moving this over to the All Things Root section, in case someone in the future has a similar problem and needs to find a thread about it :D

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews