1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support CWM Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ttownlarry, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ttownlarry

ttownlarry Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Hi I have a NC currently running HC. I rooted it about 4 weeks ago. My problem is I need CWM flashed. Definitely at a loss here. I installed HC w/KV 2.6.29 omap1. HC works fine but ROM Manager keeps giving me and error. It says..." An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" I have dl Rom Manager from the market...from this thread.uninstalled...reinstalled..just is not working. I have an 8gb SD class 2 and 16gb class 2 microSD. Any help is greatly apprecaited because I would like to have CWm to install other ROMS. Also,....

I had a bootable CWM via WinImage(cwm128mb.img) How I ever got winimage to work in the first place is beyond me. It was a stuggle to get autonooter and than cwm(but I did). ...Anyways that 4gb microSD is broken. I tried using Winimage again to burn my orther Sandisk microSD's for cwm128mb.img too...but no luck. I have tried on Desktop and laptop. I have tried this 8gb microsd and 16gb that keep giving me an error as well. Yes i "run it as admin on Win 7 and both microSds are partitioned to FAT32. Love my HC nook but really would like to have other ROMS. Thanks so much.

Advertisement

2. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Check out the NOOKcolor - All Things Root forum. There are a few threads there that discuss it. To put it simply, both CWM and Rom Manager are a bit complicated and finicky on the NC. I still can't get them to work alone on the internal memory.

Especially since you're referring to HC. GB and HC rely on EXT4, not EXT2 or EXT3 like Froyo and earlier. I really don't understand all of that, but there is a conflict with the NC being based off of EXT2/3 and GB/HC running on EXT4. This causes CWM to not function properly. I'm probably causing more confusing and talking out of my @$$. But that is the way I understand it and until someone corrects me, that's all I know.

As far as the Bootable CWM SDcard. You need to use the file specific to the Card size you have. From what you've stated, it sounds like you've tried to Flash the 4gb .img to an 8gb and 16gb SDcard. I haven't tried that, but I don't imagine it would work.

This page will provide you the various .img files for each SDcards you have.

Index of /nookdev/clockwork/0.7

You will need a program like 7-zip to decompress the .tar.gz file and get access to the actual .img. If you're not familiar with the process, 7-zip will allow you access and you will then have to copy/paste the .img elsewhere before it can be use. This is not like un-zipping a .zip where you end up with a new folder with an accessible .img file. You MUST copy/paste it elsewhere (yes I just repeated myself, but that took me ~30 minutes to figure out).

3. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Also, the Mods might want to move this to the "All Things Root" forum. Just a thought...