1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root CWM help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leftnut26, Jan 12, 2012.

1. leftnut26

leftnut26 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    home A/V
    i just went threw the process of installing oneclick root and then CWM. after i rooted i saw super suer in the apps trey. but after i was done with CWM i didnt notice anything different. is there supoused to be an icon so something? im not sure what to look for. i followed the steps exactly and looked like it went as planed. did i miss something?

Advertisement

2. Capn069

Capn069 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Male
    Georgia
    I believe you are rooted. Superuser gives you the ability to customize your phone with access to things that normally aren't available, ex. Titanium Backup, Custom Roms, and Custom Themes and Launchers. You have to download apps that require Superuser before you will actually need it. Now you can use apps to delete bloatware like Layar and Twidroid and crap like that. You should download one of the custom Roms and give it a test spank and see if you like the more in depth customization.

3. leftnut26

None

Jan 6, 2012
    home A/V
    what apps would you sugest for doing what you mentioned? and where to find them

4. leftnut26

None

Jan 6, 2012
    home A/V
    what apps would you sugest for doing what you mentioned? and where to find them. ill try the rom to. thanks

5. Capn069

Capn069 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2011
    Male
    Georgia
    I like Titanium Backup myself, the regular version lets you delete bloatware and make a single backup of any app you choose on your list of installed apps. You can find it on the Android Marketplace on your phone. As far as a Rom, I prefer either Bloodawns CTMod or Hroarks CyanogenMod 7. CTMod takes a minimalistic approach with very few apps and more or less a bare bones Rom that you can build on. CyanogenMod has more stuff built in to customize with such as ADW Launcher, use this to add custom themes to your phone, and a lot of built in phone tweaks in the CyanogenMod section of the phone settings menu.

Here are the links to each of the Roms:

Hroarks Cyanogenmod - http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...-0-prevail-unofficial-beta-4b-01-10-12-a.html

Bloodawns CTMod - http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/432614-rom-gb-ctmod-2-4-01-05-12-a.html

Just follow the directions both the dev's have laid out and all should go well. Good luck and most of all, have fun customizing. If you have any more questions, I will be on tomorrow and hopefully I can help you with any more questions you may have.

leftnut26 likes this.
  6. TryingToRoot

TryingToRoot Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Helicopter Flight Engineer
    Savannah, Ga

Leftnut, cwm can only be accessed through recovery mode. Before you try any custom roms, take the time to understand your root functions. In the cwm thread, read on how to get to recovery mode and perform a backup before anything else. And, most importantly, STAY AWAY FROM THE APP ROM MANAGER.