• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cwm or any recovery on system partition?

its not for this phone i was asking for any phone or tablet in general. there is an app on the market but it only works for xperia.

how do they differ? i sent the developer of the app a pm and he said he could probably make it work for the device i asked him about but he didnt know where to start.
did you try in the thread specific for that device?

Upvote 0
did you try in the thread specific for that device?
yes i did but i havent gotten a reply. i even poted in the general section in xda and same thing lol

well for example, if you use that app, being that the xperia most likely has different mount points that your device, it may flash it to the wrong place.

you could end up with a shinny new paperweight

that happened with my s3 when i fist got it. flashed an international rom and it bricked it lol. i hat to exchange it.
so is it just the mount points that need to be changed or is it much more than that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones