1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CWM or anything else

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ibugppl, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ibugppl

ibugppl Lurker

Hey so I just got this phone and I'm dying to root it but I refuse unless I have a way to backup my phone after so I can restore it anytime. I have not herd anything about clockwork mod with this and I'm scared to flash it unless I know it works. Is there anything else that would do something similar?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BlazingFire258

BlazingFire258 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm no developer or an admin but I do have this phone and I would love to have CWM working on it so I can flash CyanogenMod on it but sadly there is no CWM version or any other recovery flash that works that I'm aware of. Sorry but we'll just have to wait

3. teders22

teders22 Newbie

i wonder is there even anybody working on this or are we foresaken. lol

4. BlazingFire258

I highly doubt it, this is a low end phone and low end phones such as this get kicked to the scrap heap. I would love to flash Cyanogen Firmware on this so I can over clock this phone to 1ghz. But so far we'll have to sit and hope for the best.

5. teders22

teders22 Newbie

this don't help out a lot but I have downloaded cwm recovery 2518. I used ScriptMe app to run the extracted scripts of the recovery and boom the recovery started so I tried to do a backup and it started and got halfway then it just stopped with force close notification. Whats weird is it did all this with phone on. Sorry it don't help with us getting a recovery but maybe if anybody is trying to get a recovery we should throw some ideas and thoughts at each other about what doesn't work so we can move forward on our own couse we left in dust

6. BlazingFire258

That's great to hear :p Were you able to do anything else with the recovery? If you were able to get half way with a back up then that's way further then anyone else has gotten (that I'm aware of). I don't know much about ScriptMe and the nitty gritty of doing these kinds of things but if we can find someone else that's knows a thing or two then we can definitely start a thread on this.

Huawei Activa 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews