• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM-Recovery for ZTE Engage

S

stedman420

I've put together CWM recovery for the Engage V8000 and the Engage LT(N8000) for those that are interested.

They're flashable zips that can be installed via stock recovery. And no root isn't required. All you need is to be able to boot your phone into recovery.

I also have flashable zips of stock recovery for both phones

You can also use Rom Manager from playstore to flash the official cwm recovery for the V8000 if your phone is rooted.

The N8000 is not official yet and is not offered by Rom Manager yet.

The recoveries for the two diff phone models are NOT interchangeable as they use diff kernels. So use caution.

For more info and download links check out the original thread over on UPP.

CWM-Recovery v6.0.3.3 (Install via Stock Recovery) ZTE Engage

Yeah it's just that right now the only thing workin is the fake-flash once the recovery image is actually replaced with another it sticks but I've been havin a couple issues with it I just kicked out the temp one (wich does work fine) until I get the rest of the bugs out. ;)

Oh and cwm does fix the install-recovery.sh too when you reboot to system but with the fake-flash it's still temp ;)

Anywho thanks for the advice though any feedback or pointers is always much appreciated :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones