1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cwm recovery help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marixxaa, May 5, 2012.

1. marixxaa

marixxaa Well-Known Member

Stiill trying to fix my moms dead phone...
    is there way of placing clockworkmod recovery on the esteem without rom manger??
    like the way you can on the admire??

2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Might have sumtin that may work, I need to boot to windows to test it tho. The AIO not working?

3. marixxaa

see i restored my moms phone to stock and now the home launcher and the deskhome are acting funny, like they switch between each other like crazy and dont let you do anything else. even when the deskhome becomes unresponsive and the option to force close comes up and i do force close it, it goes up again in like 3seconds so I have no chance of downloading anything to the phone. So I was thinking if I root it and get cwm I can make a backup on my esteem without the deskhome app and do a cwm restore I can maybe get it to work. Right now her phone doesnt have a custom recovery.

4. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Android Enthusiast

You could download the all in one root/recovery files pg made a while back. It should install you chosen recovery and all you'll need to do is connect to USB, enable internet mode (I think) and enable USB debugging

5. marixxaa

I think I got it fixed.. I rooted it then I pushed the metropcs apps then it sort ofbstopped and then I Bluetooted the root explorer and installed it and then I deleted deskhome.apk and .odex and rebooted now it doesn't do that

6. marixxaa

I feel accomplished

7. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

glad to here u it fixed ;)

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews