• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CWM recovery - how to?

ukrkoz

Jul 8, 2011
OK, believe it or not, I can not put our Continuum into recovery mode. I can't find any working directions.
Phone has been rooted for almost a year by now, and starts glitching, all I want to do is to CWM back up and factory reset it.
What is specific buttons sequence to put it into CWM? Please, do not tell me "down, up+power" as it is physically impossible to do. That's prevalent "advice".
I tried both volume buttons+power - nothing; down volume + power - nothing. Phone simply restarts.
Thank you

ok, let me re-phrase my question

1. Continuum started acting up
2. I wanted to do backup and wipe/factory reset
3. I was naive enough to download Quick Boot and install it; as a result, it will boot into recovery, but does not respond to power button; as a result, the only way to get out of recovery was to Odin it
4. I factory restored phone, but can not do 2 things:

- can not find valid link for PIT file download (is it necessary?)
- can not install anything from recovery, as power button still does not work in recovery mode

5. as a result, I had it Odined one more time and, at this point, I am not experimenting with it anymore, as it's wife's phone, and you know how that goes.

I need help here:

1. I need help installing CWM recovery via Odin
2. Can I root phone via Odin also?

Please, if you post links, make sure they are valid, as most links I found so far are broken or lead to sales sites.

Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones