• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Does anyone know how to create a custom rom and install it with CWM? I have ROM Manager installed and the Android SDK. I have an imac with everything that should be necessary to to create the custom build. I'm an average to moderately experienced coder but still prolly a newb. I have the official 4.1.2 JB with 2.602SP baseband (rooted with framaroot Gandalf exploit and works great). My question is it possible to extract the Kernel and baseband and other software necessary to run to newest version say 4.4.3? Is there any guides out there to creating custom ROM recoveries? Has anyone been able to create a custom recovery for the torque??? And if so is there a guide for the less informed??? :)

Does anyone know how to create a custom rom and install it with CWM? I have ROM Manager installed and the Android SDK. I have an imac with everything that should be necessary to to create the custom build. I'm an average to moderately experienced coder but still prolly a newb. I have the official 4.1.2 JB with 2.602SP baseband (rooted with framaroot Gandalf exploit and works great). My question is it possible to extract the Kernel and baseband and other software necessary to run to newest version say 4.4.3? Is there any guides out there to creating custom ROM recoveries? Has anyone been able to create a custom recovery for the torque??? And if so is there a guide for the less informed??? :)

honestly I don't think it is going to happen. Not b/c of lack of interest, but b/c of how kyocera locks people out from modifying anything. there is a topic on xda going on a year now, [Q] Searched many places for root for kyocer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones