1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

CWM & Titanium backup done, need a couple of questions answered please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Romulous, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Retail Manager
    Ireland
    Hi guys.

I have performed a Titanium backup of all my apps and data, and used CWM Nandroid to backup my system rom in case i barf something.

When i install Siyah and CheckROM v6 is it just as simple as installing titanium backup and restoring my apps.

I presume that Nandroid backup that i have saved to my SD card is my failsafe incase something goes pear shaped.

Oh, and would it be wise to wipe my Internal SD card in case of any software conflicts one the new kernal is installed.

Many thanks :)

Advertisement

2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    England
    If you have Titanium back up pro you can just click restore missing apps and data and it will do it's thing. If you have the no pro version you will have to click to accept every app install,well worth getting the pro version imo.

The nandroid is your fail-safe that will restore your phone back to the way it was before you flashed xx. The only thing it won't restore is your radio.

I have never wiped my sd card on any of my phones and have never had any problems from doing so.;)

3. Romulous

None

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Retail Manager
    Ireland
    Thanks for the reply.

I bought all the Pro version of Titanium, as well as a host of others which appear to be used on the forums.

When you say radio, what exactly do you mean?

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Radio is just another word for modem. The modem you are running is listed under "phone" in settings about phone.

When flashing a new kernel you shouldn't need to reinstall anything with titanium as you won't loose any data. After you wipe your phone and change ROM only restore apps and app data with titanium. I wouldn't recommend restoring system data as this can cause conflicts.

5. Romulous

None

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Retail Manager
    Ireland
    Ok so i installed CheckROM V6, although on the first run i forgot to clear all the Dalvic, Cache and battery settings as advised and the phone gave me spurious errors, lots of them.

I know Casual Pete said he has never had any problems but i guess each scenario can be unique.

I returned back to my restore which was a breeze with CWM and installed CheckROM again, this time the install was flawless. ;)

My main issue though is with Titanium Pro now. It refuses point blank to restore my apps, either freezing at the first or the 4th app, which seams pretty weird.

I have read elsewhere about resetting file permission etc, but nothing so far has worked.

I know i can redo them all manually, but it defeats the purpose of paying for the app when it doesnt do it.

I'm sure there is something that i am missing but i can't figure it out.

Anyone got any ideas, cos it's doing my nut in!

Should i install Siyah after CheckROM, could that be my issue?

6. Romulous

None

Apr 1, 2012
    Male
    Retail Manager
    Ireland
    Ok, did a full install of CheckROM v6 without wiping anything and so far everything is running smooth as a nut, no need to mess with my Titanium backup.

:)

7. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    England
    If it's freezing at certain points it's probably a problem with the app that's backed up.either the data or the apk itself I imagine.

If it happens again just deselect the problem apps from the ti backup when clicking >batch>restore.

If they're apps you need you can use titanium to extract them straight from your nandroid backup.;)