• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CWM][WIP][DEV] Clockworkmod Recovery for the LG Viper 4G LGLS840

LGE locked down the Viper with the latest ICS update so you can't install a custom recovery.
I figured as much, get a signature error when you try too boot em? Yall need to get a look at what we did for the spectrum, contact Neph for more details about it. ;)

anyhow this should still work with GB and/or when a unlocked bootloader is used.

Would appreciate testers & feedback so I can get it nailed down and publish the official build.

P.S. @thenameisnigel why you still cranking out recoveries for then??? lol

Upvote 0
I figured as much, get a signature error when you try too boot em? Yall need to get a look at what we did for the spectrum, contact Neph for more details about it. ;)

anyhow this should still work with GB and/or when a unlocked bootloader is used.

Would appreciate testers & feedback so I can get it nailed down and publish the official build.

P.S. @thenameisnigel why you still cranking out recoveries for then??? lol

Haha, I'm the device maintainer for the LG Viper, and some more devices so I have to keep the recoveries up-to-date.

Plus I would test for you, but I don't have a device, I compile blind-sided.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
dunno, dont have a viper. That site could give credit(s) to who and where they get their info tho. ;)
PlayfulGod, i could definiately use some help. ive never done anything like this and dont understand any of this code language. i have a LG Viper 4G LTE LS840ZVK/SPRINT/ ANDROID VERSION 4.0.4/ BASEBAND VERSION MSM8660/MDM9600 /3.0.8/ BUILD NUMBER ZVK.IMM76D
OK SO, i bought an LG Smartwatch and i have searched some and ive learned i need to have android 4.3 im using 4.04
please help is there anything i can do and what?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones