1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CWM Won't Let me Install Android >2.3.6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mantaroy, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mantaroy

mantaroy Lurker

I've been using a Droid 4 and, due to my own abuse, demolished the screen. I got a used LG Spectrum and decided to root it and put cyanogenmod on it, just like I had done with my various Motorolas. I put CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5 and tried flashing cyanogenmod. At first it gave me the status 7 error. I double checked my zip to ensure I had the correct file, updated editor-script to remove the phone model check and tried again. This time it just crapped out with no error message. It just said the installation failed.

I downgraded CWM to 6.0.3.7, no go. Reinstalled 6.0.4.5. Same issue.

I unrooted and rerooted. I tried a factory reset and ended up in a lovely loop. Finally, for some unknown reason, I tried BlackPlague 1.0. What do you know but it worked. However, the phone will not upgrade. CWM gives the same error.

Anyone have any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

CyanogenMod has its own forum. Have you tried asking there? Those are the guys who write it, so if anyone should know why it's failing, they should.

3. mantaroy

mantaroy Lurker

I appreciate the response. I tried TWRP as well as CWM and got the same result, so I assumed it was an issue with the Spectrum, but I'll sure give it a shot!

4. Yoinx

Yoinx Android Expert

Cab flash it. (you can find instructions on the forums here by neph for flashing signed firmware)

I'd always cab flash when I got a used phone, personal opinion.

Then reroot/unlock and try again.

5. Nokoko

Nokoko Android Enthusiast

Which version of CM are you trying to flash and where did you get CWM?

mantaroy likes this.
  6. aaronp121

aaronp121 Well-Known Member

mantaroy likes this.
  7. koki7710

koki7710 Newbie

I believe the CWM recovery 6.0.4.5 is the latest update and was recommended for Jellybean 10.2 (4.3 Android OS) and at the beginning was causing errors until Neph01 found a fix and made a workable 6.0.4.5 CWM recovery . Before that it was the CWM that was included in SpectrumPwnageTool that was used to root the Spectrum with ICS 4.04 Android OS , which you can download and follow instructions in this forum but look it up in the Spectrum all things root section . Perhaps the first thing to do would be to try a 'Upgrade Recovery " with the LG software that you can download from LG Support Spectrum downloads in their website . Then you should try the SpectrumPwnageTool , do a Nandroid backup then read some more and install CWM 6.0.4.5 to flash the latest KitKat or 4.3 Roms .

mantaroy likes this.
  8. mantaroy

mantaroy Lurker

That was it. Sorry for the delay. Went out of town.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews