1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cyanogen 7 battery usage and general advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by khaosgott, Sep 6, 2011.

1. khaosgott

khaosgott Newbie

hey folks,

i'm looking for advice regarding rooting my GSII.
    i've been reading a bit about the Cyanogen Mod, and i've been wondering, is there really an improvement in battery longevity in comparison to the original, un-rooted ROM?

also, what else should i know before starting the process?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

I'm going to move this to the all things root section so you can hopefully get some advice.

Good luck!

3. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

Check the stickies for guides. There is also a guide in my sig for rooting. CM7 is still buggy. Not sure what battery life is like on it though.

4. khaosgott

khaosgott Newbie

thanks for the replies, guys.
    well, the phone is now rooted, although i didnt proceed to install an alternative rom.
    my question now is, how do i remove all these Samsung pre-installed apps that just sit there?
    can you recommend a quality uninstaller app that can deal with all these unused apps?

thanks!

5. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

Titanium backup on the market can uninstall app for free and the paid version can freeze apps to.

6. Jigsy

Jigsy Newbie

khaosgott, ironass and Slug like this.
  7. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Very nice find Jigsy! Link added to the "Root Guide", thanks. :)

8. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, on this list the FM Radio is listed as "Ok to freeze", but I did it and had to find out that the market was force closing each time I wanted to access "My apps". After unfreezing it, the problem was solved. (What does the FM Radio have to do with the market? I don't know

9. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

10. khaosgott

khaosgott Newbie

Thanks for tips, fellas.
    Actually i found "root uninstaller" on the Market that does the job smoothly, giving it granted root permissions.
    So now back to the original topic, how's the battery life when using an alternative rom?

Thanks!

11. Jigsy

Jigsy Newbie

I found Villian to be the best when it comes to battery life. As close to a stock Rom there is and I use Green Power battery saver to knock off WiFi and 3G when the screen is off to maximise battery performance.

Try different ROMS for yourself cus what I find the best might not suite you and vice versa but try Villian first and go from there.

khaosgott likes this.
  12. khaosgott

khaosgott Newbie

thanks for the tip on the Green Power app, will check it out.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews