• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogen and Apps2sd question

aceofspades626

Apr 11, 2010
Northern California
Maybe I set something up wrong, but after flashing a new ROM (Cyanogen 6), reinstalling everything with Titanium, and replacing all my widgets (as expected) I lost the widgets again when I mounted my SD card to my PC via USB.
Not to mention that after disconnecting, all my apps are showing up twice in my app drawer. I never had a problem with that under the Fresh ROM.

What did I do?
In the settings menu under CyanogenMod Settings, there's an Install location option. I switched it from Automatic to External before restoring everything. Might that have been my error?

Any ideas on fixing/preventing. I certainly don't want to be restoring all my widgets and icons every time I mount the SD.

Edit:
Even worse, I just went to add my widgets back and they don't even come up as options now...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones