• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen Mod 10 Build

I wanted to see how much better my OE is over my old Intercept so I found it in an old drawer and booted it up. Ohgodwhy..so laggy. Even with CM7, it was horrible compared to the Elite. This phone may have its bad days, but..it could always be worse.
Haha yepp the only rom from the intercept that played friendly was ice cream froyo..I miss my intercept the charger port broke so I upgraded to the kycrapya rise lol...

Upvote 0
Have you tested it yet? How is it?

By the way
Phenom what works and what doesn't work?

It's very nice! It has its various bugs and glitches, but that's to be expected. For instance, aside from the lockscreen shortcut, there is no camera icon. Also, there isn't a screen shut off animation as there is on CM9. It's very fast, though! Great job, Phenom. :D

Upvote 0
The cm10 I have now is smoother now. About the camera , only picture taking works as of now. Panorama works but has graphical glitches in the preview window but comes out fine. I need to update the tree with the current stuff I have in my newest cm9.

Is the link in #47 the most current build, doing a nandroid now of CM9 so I can check this one out.

Upvote 0
Are you friggin' kidding me phenom?!?!?! This is awesome, great job! Decided to flash CM10 this morning right before my trip up to a Chicago suburb (about 2 hours 1 way), yeah crazy but what the heck. Were there a few glitches, yeah but hey I expected that. What I didn't expect was so many things working well. Another fantastic piece of work...I can't wait till the next release. Not sure if you want any observations in this thread or if you would prefer to hold off until you create a new one for 10 so I'll hold off for now, you most likely are aware of the items I saw anyway. Thanks again Phenom, you're definitely breathing life into this device with all your work on CM9 & now CM10.

Upvote 0
Hey Phenom... Realize your CM10 isn't truly released yet but I would love to get my hands on the version that has the partially working camera. Been running 10 for a week now and it's pretty damn good although I have found 2 occasions in which I would have liked to use the camera.
Still fixing up some things for cm9 which cm10 will benefit from as well.

Upvote 0
Running aokp right now and I prefer it much more than cm10. So much more options.

Attachments

• 1379890805832.jpg
    1379890805832.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: marvelerful
Upvote 0
I'd love to test THAT out, haha.

Yeah I know. I'm trying to get the video playback fixed on both aokp and cm10 and it would be ready for an alpha. I also think it's connected to why video recording doesn't work in jellybean. Things are moving pretty quick for jellybean.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones