• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogen Mod 6 Install Problem

Forts

Aug 6, 2010
So I picked up another Magic today to replace my (semi)bricked one. It came already rooted with CM5.0.8 on it. I went to update it to CM6 and when I try to install the file in recovery it gives me:

getprop("ro.bootloader") == "1.33.3013"

E:error in /sdcard/update-cm-6.0.0-DS-signed.zip

What in the world does that mean? I assume it's looking for a specific bootloader, and apparently I don't have it. How do I proceed from here? When I updated my old Magic from 5.0.8 to 6 it was a piece of cake.. took all of 5 minutes to do.

Many thanks!

Ah! Thanks very much for the link. Now, just so I'm clear (don't need another brick on my hands) do I flash that from the recovery menu... reboot... then proceed with CM6 as usual?

Edit: Disregard, I got it. I downloaded that file and zipped it up as update.zip, then flashed it from my sd card. CM6 installed just fine after that. Thanks very much for the help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones