• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen Mod 6 Problem

icrazy2u

Aug 1, 2010
So I wanted to install Cyanogen w/ Google apps, but the google apps keeps erroring when downloading. Says the zip is corrupt. So now I have Cyanogen Rom running on phone so I go to Rom Manager and try to install Google Apps (Froyo) and it says the zip is corrupt. Google Apps (Eclair) downloads fine but sends me into a boot loop. I am was running Cyanogen Mod 6.0.2. I'm back on Uncommon Sense now. Is there a fix for this?

Just flash CM6 without selecting the checkmark box for Google Apps. Once you're up in CM, go back into ROM manager and download Google Apps under CM's section.

I haven't been able to get them in simultaneous download for quite some time, but this has always worked for me.

Yesterday I did a total wipe/reflash/format/reinstall of my phone, did the download of the cyanogen mod without the froyo google apps, installed the rom fine. However, when I go back in to try to get the google apps under froyo in the cyanogen extras stuff, it still says corrupt zip.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with google's recent move to start breaking things out of the default install and put them up on the market for download, like car home and such? Seems like that is when things started to go wrong.

Upvote 0
Which Google Apps package are you downloading? There are two packages out there for use that the Cyanogen team releases; one for HTC phones, another package for other Android phones. You need to make sure you've downloaded the HTC package.

I would almost guarantee that is your issue.

Upvote 0
Which Google Apps package are you downloading? There are two packages out there for use that the Cyanogen team releases; one for HTC phones, another package for other Android phones. You need to make sure you've downloaded the HTC package.

I would almost guarantee that is your issue.

I'm on a Motorola Droid, and am downloading the Froyo add ons. I installed them before the last time I installed Cyanogen 6, and it worked fine, so I've done it before. Am using Rom Manager, it doesn't even show me HTC downloads.

So, now my droid is rooted but running stock 2.0.1 rom, until it is figured out what the solution is so I can get Cyanogen back on there with working google apps.

Edit: Ok, I decided to try the Cyanogen nightly builds instead of the stable 6 build. I selected Cyanogen nightly build dated October 5th 2010, and also selected the google apps at the same time. It downloaded and successfully installed both without giving me the zip file corrupt message. Had to reflash my clockwork before it would install successfully, but worked like a charm so I'm back up and running again. Just a note for anyone trying to do a reinstall with the google apps at the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones